Aequo has been recognized among the leading law firms in Ukraine in 13 key practice areas according to the 18th edition of the market research Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2020, published by Yuridicheskaya Praktika (Legal Practice). Aequo is ranked:
- Top 3 – Antitrust/Competition; Information Technologies; Intellectual Property, Retail;
- Top 5 – Agribusiness; Corporate and M&A; International Arbitration; Private Clients; Real Estate, Construction, Land; Telecommunications & Media;
- Top 10 – Banking & Finance; Energy & Natural Resources; Litigation.
Aequo is also named among established practices in Capital Markets; Cross-border litigation; FinTech; International Trade; Pharmaceuticals / Medicine & Healthcare; and Tax Consulting.
Furthermore, Aequo has strong individual rankings. This year, 14 Aequo lawyers have been recognized:
- Denis Lysenko, managing partner, has been ranked as a notable practitioner in Antitrust/Competition, Corporate and M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, and Tax Consulting.
- Anna Babych, Partner, makes a Top 3 leading individuals in Corporate and M&A, also ranked as a notable practitioner in IT, Telecommunications & Media, and in Private clients’ support.
- Oleksandr Mamunya, partner, is among leading individuals in Ukraine occupying the second place in Intellectual Property also, being ranked as a notable practitioner in Litigation and Medicine & Healthcare/ Pharmaceuticals.
- Yulia Kyrpa, partner, is a Top 5 leading individual in Banking & Finance, Debt Restructuring, notable practitioner in Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A and Real Estate, Construction, Land.
- Pavlo Byelousov, partner, is a leading individual in International Arbitration – Top 4, and a notable practitioner in Litigation.
- Sergey Denisenko, partner, is a Top 4 in Antitrust/Competition.
The research listed the following Aequo lawyers as notable practitioners in their respective practice areas:
- Natalia Dryuk, counsel, and Ganna Prokhorova, senior associate, – Intellectual Property;
- Oksana Krasnokutskaya, of counsel, – Telecommunications & Media;
- Michael Lukashenko, counsel, – Corporate and M&A;
- Olena Pertsova, counsel, – Litigation;
- Mykyta Polatayko, head of IT Practice, – IT;
- Myroslava Savchuk, counsel, – International Arbitration and Tax Litigation;
- Mykhaylo Soroka, senior associate, – Real Estate.
Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients has been published annually since 2003 and has acquired the reputation of being a reliable market guide to top law firms and practitioners in Ukraine. The Handbook is a unique combination of legislative analyses and in-depth research of the legal services market.