On 3 July 2018 AEQUO will hold the master class: "Structure Your Business: LLC Law – New Opportunities".
The new Law of Ukraine "On limited liability and additional liability companies" No. 2275-VIII became effective on 17 June 2018, having replaced the outdated regulations of the Law "On Commercial Entities" as of 1991 regarding the limited liability and additional liability companies (LLC and ALC) regulation.
Keynote speaker – Anna Babych, partner, head of Corporate/ M&A, AEQUO, Chair of the Committee on Corporate Law & Stock Markets, Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA).
- Whether LLC shall immediately amend its charter after 17 June 2018 to comply with the Law on LLC?
- What may be provided in the charter at the discretion of participants?
- Participatory interest pledge: procedure and enforcement of participatory interest pledge.
- Flexible rules for participatory interest transfers and prevention of hostile takeovers.
- What has changed in regulation of actions of LLC's management?
- LLC net assets – what is new?
- Entering into corporate (shareholders) agreements.
- Inheritance of participatory interest / acquisition by succession.
- Participant exclusion from LLC - what is new?
- Whether procedure of participant exit from LLC has changed?
- Entering into material and related-party transactions
- Squeeze-out: the first anniversary of the procedure, the first results.
About the speaker:
Anna Babych is one of the initiators and a key driver of corporate legislative reform in Ukraine, including the Law on LLC reform, and is a co-author of the Draft Law "On limited liability and additional liability companies" as one of the key members of the working group under the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, as well as the draft laws on shareholder agreements, and on increasing the level of corporate governance in joint-stock companies (squeeze-out and sell-out procedures).
- The National Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine recognized Anna Babych’s significant contribution to the development of corporate law in Ukraine.
- Anna Babych is named the Best Lawyer in Corporate and M&A according to Legal Awards 2017. Aequo is also named the Law Firm of the Year in M&A according to Legal Awards 2018.
- Anna Babych is named among TOP-3 Women – Ukrainian Legal Industry Influencer according to Ukrainian Women in Law 2017-2018 by Yurydychna Gazeta (Legal Newspaper).
Owners, top management, heads of legal departments of major Ukrainian and international companies are invited to participate.
Participation is free. The number of participants is limited. Please follow the link to register*.
*The organiser reserves the right to refuse registrations without giving any reason.