Aequo announces AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge, an annual innovation competition in legal services. The launch of AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge pursues a number of ambitious goals challenging traditional views on the provision of legal services, disrupting the legal industry through innovation and technology by creating innovation-friendly environment for legal industry in Ukraine. The key objective set by the organisers of the competition is to bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level, constantly increasing lawyers’ efficiency and client care excellence.
Within the framework of the competition, anyone can offer his or her Legal Tech ideas, submitting an application on the official website by 31 August 2017. Participation is free. Submitted projects will be analysed and evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of the leading international and Ukrainian experts in innovation, IT, technology and law, including:
- Dmytro Shymkiv, Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine, innovator, Ukrainian top-manager in IT, ex-Director at Microsoft Ukraine
- Andrey Kolodyuk, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA), venture capital investor, cofounder and managing partner of AVentures Capital
- Igor Mazepa, CEO of Concorde Capital, investment banker, Chairman of the Board of the Price of the State's Business Council, member of Ukrsotsbank Supervisory Board
- Marina Vyshegorodskikh, Vice President of Culture, Communication & Organisational Development at Ciklum. Supervrisory board member of BrainBasket Foundation
- Taras Polishchuk, Co-founder and CTO of the best travel start-up 2016 – TripMyDream, development engineer in IT with 10 years of experience
- Denis Lysenko, Managing Partner at Aequo. For over 15 years Denis has been acting for foreign investors (strategic players, private equity, banks and other lenders) in cross-border transactions
Bootcamp with presentation of ideas, keynote speakers, and announcement of the winner will be held on 11 to 12 November 2017. The winner will receive $20,000, access to the leading legal and IT professionals, opportunities to attract investments for project development and much more.
“We are passionate about legal innovations, invest in Legal Tech in Ukraine and believe that AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge will be a unique platform to generate ideas that will help to provide high-quality legal services to clients in a more convenient way and for a fair price. It is the place where legal services meet talents from other spheres, fostering disruptive innovations that change the market for the better,” comments Anna Babych, partner at Aequo.
Please visit the official website for more information and registration.