According to the 10th edition of The Best Lawyers in Ukraine 2020, 16 Aequo’s legal practitioners are highly recommended among leading experts in Ukraine with several of these lawyers earning recognition in multiple categories. Moreover, Aequo has been named the Law Firm of the Year in M&A for a second year in a row.
"Law Firm of the Year" awards recognize a single top firm for its work in a specific legal practice area (nationwide). Awards are determined based on a handful of factors including: lawyer ballot feedback, the firm's coverage and scope in this practice area, and the firm's reputation as an expert in this area.
Oleksandr Mamunya, Partner, and Sergey Denisenko, Counsel, are honoured as the Lawyers of the Year in Intellectual Property Law and Competition / Antitrust Law respectively.
Furthermore, Aequo lawyers are recommended in the following areas of law:
- Denis Lysenko, Managing Partner – Banking and Finance Law; Competition / Antitrust Law; Corporate Law; Government Relations Practice; Investment; Litigation; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law.
- Anna Babych, Partner – Corporate Law; Investment; Investment Funds; Labor and Employment Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- Pavlo Byelousov, Partner – Arbitration and Mediation; International Arbitration.
- Yulia Kyrpa, Partner – Banking and Finance Law; Capital Markets Law; Insurance Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law and Transportation Law.
- Oleksandr Mamunya, Partner– Franchise Law; Information Technology Law; Intellectual Property Law; Life Sciences Practice; Litigation.
- Sergey Denisenko, Counsel – Competition / Antitrust Law.
- Bohdan Dmukhovskyy, Counsel is listed for the first time in Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- Yevgen Levitskyi, Counsel – Banking and Finance Law; Insurance Law and Transportation Law.
- Michael Lukashenko, Counsel – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law.
- Olena Pertsova, Counsel is listed for the first time in Litigation.
- Myroslava Savchuk, Counsel is listed for the first time in International Arbitration.
- Oksana Krasnokutskaya, of Counsel – Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- Yulia Chyzhova, of Counsel – Litigation.
- Andrey Nikolayenko, of Counsel – Intellectual Property Law.
- Nataliya Dryuk, Senior Associate is listed for the first time in Intellectual Property Law.
- Mykyta Polatayko, Senior Associate – Information Technology Law; Technology Law.
Best Lawyers rankings have been published since 1983. In 2006, Best Lawyers have become international. Since then, top legal talent rankings are published in more than 75 countries worldwide. Their key objective is to assist both lawyers and their clients in finding each other, and to choose a legal adviser in the relevant field of law.