Aequo is glad to announce AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2018, an annual competition for innovations in legal business. For the second year in a row, legal tech ideas will compete for the top prize.
AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge pursues a number of ambitious goals: challenging traditional views on the provision of legal services, disrupting the legal industry through innovation and technology by creating innovation-friendly environment for legal industry in Ukraine. The key objective set by the organisers of the competition is to bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level, constantly increasing lawyers’ efficiency and client care excellence.
Within the framework of the competition, anyone can offer his or her Legal Tech ideas, submitting an application on the official website by 31 August 2018. Participation is free. Submitted projects will be analysed and evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of the leading international and Ukrainian experts in innovation, IT, technology and law, including:
- Viktoriya Tigipko, Founding and Managing Partner of TA Ventures, initiator of Code Club UA, (that teaches programming to kids). President of the Odessa International Film Festival, initiator and Chairman of Ukrainian Film Academy;
- Alexander Soroka, CEO at Startup.Network. Board member of the Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association;
- Anton Vashkevich, Managing partner and co-founder of law Technology firm Simplawyer;
- Igor Novikov, Head of SingularityU Kyiv Chapter, GIC Ukraine 2017 Organizer;
- Anna Babych, Partner at AEQUO, co-head of Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT). A non-practicing Solicitor (England and Wales).
Boot-camp Grand Final with presentation of ideas, keynote speakers, and announcement of the winner will be held from 16 to 18 November 2018. The winner will receive $15,000, access to leading legal and IT professionals, opportunities to attract investment for project development and much more.
Anna Babych, Aequo’s Partner, comments: “We are thrilled to announce the 2nd Aequo Legal Tech Challenge. We strongly believe that this Challenge boosts industry-wide support for innovation and drives change, enhances law firms’ value proposition, give them a competitive edge and help redesigning our thinking to meet our clients’ needs”.
Please visit the official website for more information and registration.