On 23 November 2019, the Grand Final of the competition for innovations in legal business AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2019 took place. Mister Register, a totally automated independent trademark registration system, was announced the winner and awarded a prize of USD 15,000.
Furthermore, the expert jury selected three finalists in the following categories:
- LAW – Clarity App – online tool for the search, inspect and apply the practice of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine in the field of public procurement;
- TECH – Monitor.Estate – real-time legal online real estate verification;
- LOVE – Switch Violence Off – domestic violence assistance platform.
The following projects were also shortlisted in the finals:
- AR Group – a bot for quick generation of a lawyer's request from the phone, affixing a usual and digital signature on the created document, and sending the created and signed request to the addressee;
- АRMADA – a service that helps to analyze the prospect of satisfying a filed complaint with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on the results of public procurement or conditions of tender documentation;
- Cord – ERP-system for accounting, systematization, monitoring and organization of litigation by individual lawyers, law firms and legal departments of commercial/state institutions, implemented in the web version and mobile applications (apple and android);
- Lawyer E-Office – comprehensive cloud service for lawyers created to automate internal workflow processes;
- SPRAVY.pro – complex litigation system, which provides electronic litigation and 24/7 access to litigation materials;
- Workpermit Bot – a bot for free generation of all the necessary documents and accurate procedure to obtain a work permit.
“We have been holding the AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge for the third year in a row, and I am very pleased to see that the quality of projects evolves every year, participating teams get stronger, and it becomes more difficult to determine a winner. But the decision of the jury this year was unanimous: Mister Register offers a solution to an extremely relevant issue and most importantly the project has the potential to be scaled in other jurisdictions. We look forward to the launch of the project and are confident that it will succeed. We thank all the teams for innovative ideas, and the expert jury and mentors for their contribution to projects development during acceleration,” says Denis Lysenko, Managing Partner, Aequo.
The expert jury included:
- Oksana Gavrilova, Head of the department of legal support of economic activities, DTEK;
- Ivan Kravtsov, Senior Legal Director, Carlsberg Ukraine;
- Yulia Kyrpa, Partner, Aequo;
- Denis Lysenko, Managing Partner, Aequo;
- Natalia Rogovaya, CIMA Adv Dip MA. Partner of Startup Network, Co-founder and CFO at SkyService POS, mentor at She Exports;
- Igor Rusnak, Strategic and Development Officer, OTP Bank;
- Michael Vigovskyi, Board Member, Intecracy Ventures.
AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge is an annual competition for innovations in legal business that pursues a number of ambitious goals: challenging traditional views on the provision of legal services, disrupting the legal industry through innovation and technology by creating innovation-friendly environment for legal industry in Ukraine. The key objective set by the organizers of the competition is to bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level, constantly increasing lawyers’ efficiency and client care excellence.