According to the Ninth Edition of The Best Lawyers in Ukraine 2019, 12 Aequo’s legal practitioners are highly recommended among leading experts in Ukraine with several of these lawyers earning recognition in multiple categories. Moreover, Aequo has been named the Law Firm of the Year in M&A, and Anna Babych, Aequo’s partner, head of Corporate/M&A, is the only individual in Ukraine honoured as the Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Law.
"Law Firm of the Year" awards recognize a single top firm for its work in a specific legal practice area (nationwide). Awards are determined based on a handful of factors including: lawyer ballot feedback, the firm's coverage and scope in this practice area, and the firm's reputation as an expert in this area.
Furthermore, Aequo lawyers are recommended in the following areas of law:
- Managing partner Denis Lysenko – antitrust and competition, banking and finance, corporate law, government relations, investment, M&A;
- Partner Anna Babych – corporate law, investment, M&A;
- Partner Yulia Kyrpa – banking and finance, capital markets, insurance law, M&A, real estate, transportation;
- Partner Oleksandr Mamunya – franchise law, information technology, intellectual property and life sciences;
- Counsel Pavlo Byelousov – arbitration and mediation;
- Counsel Sergey Denisenko – antitrust and competition;
- Counsel Yevgen Levitskyi – banking and finance;
- Of counsel Oksana Krasnokutskaya – M&A;
- Of counsel Yulia Chyzhova – litigation;
- Head of IT Practice Mykyta Polatayko – technology law;
- Senior associate Michael Lukashenko – banking and finance;
- Senior associate Andrey Nikolayenko – intellectual property.
Best Lawyers rankings have been published since 1983. In 2006, Best Lawyers have become international. Since then, top legal talent rankings are published in more than 75 countries worldwide. Their key objective is to assist both lawyers and their clients in finding each other, and to choose a legal adviser in the relevant field of law.