On 11-12 November 2017, the finals of the competition for innovations in legal business AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge – Bootcamp took place, with presentation of ideas, keynote speakers, and announcement of the winner. The Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, a partner of the competition, has become an innovative platform for the event.
Court on the palm, an analytical tool for search, analysis and visualization of lawsuits was announced the winner and awarded a prize of $20,000.
Furthermore, the expert jury distinguished three finalists in the following categories:
- Law – Аnalyst Judicial Practice –court decisions analytics by key phrases;
- Tech – Epistemics – due diligence solution to speed up lawyers’ interaction with legal entities;
- Love– PatentBot – chatbot assisting in filing online trademark applications with Ukrpatent (Ukrainian patent authority).
The following projects were also short-listed for the finals:
- Bright Advise – online legal advice;
- CaseBox – effective litigation solutions;
- File Case – a platform to submit administrative or small money claims online, without the physical assistance of a lawyer;
- LabelMe – service for automatic verifying, analyzing and labelling products;
- LegalCab – mobile market place and operator for lawyers and their clients;
- Monitor estate – automatic identification of legal risks when buying real estate.
“Our congratulations to the winners and the finalists of AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2017, the first-ever competition for innovations in legal business. Our appreciation also goes to the panel of judges including Dmytro Shymkiv, Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of Ukraine; Viktoriya Tigipko, Founding and Managing Partner of TA Ventures; Igor Mazepa, CEO of Concorde Capital; Marina Vyshegorodskikh, Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors, Ciklum; Taras Polishchuk, Co-founder and CTO of the best travel start-up 2016 - TripMyDream, for their contribution to the development of Legal Tech in Ukraine. I am sure that the launch of AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge can bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level,” comments Denis Lysenko, AEQUO’s Managing Partner.