On 17 November 2018, the finals of the competition for innovations in legal business AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge took place, with presentation of ideas, keynote speakers, and announcement of the winner.
Rent It Bot, a bot designed to solve the legal side of the rental housing problem in minutes, was announced the winner and awarded a prize of $15,000.
Furthermore, the expert jury selected three finalists in the following categories:
- Law – MigrateBot – a bot that helps online active foreigners get a visa and/or a residence permit;
- Tech – Dom Jurista Analytics – service for predicting court decisions;
- Love – TopTierLex – a platform to facilitate submission for participation in legal rankings.
The following projects were also shortlisted in the finals:
- Law & Events – a guide in the world of legal events;
- Legal Cloud – smart legal assistant based on neural network technology;
- Legal High School – a professional lecture center in the heart of the capital;
- REYESTR – data from national registers of judgements from mobile;
- WOODPCKR –copyright protection service;
- ZemData – quick analysis service for a land bank.
“Having founded AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge, we sought to foster the establishment of innovation-friendly environment for legal industry in Ukraine. We have been organizing the competition for the second consecutive year and we see great potential in the submitted ideas. They can become not only a step towards improving performance of lawyers, but also useful legal tools for various groups of people. We would like to congratulate the winner, Rent It Bot, as well as MigrateBot, Dom Jurista Analytics, TopTierLex projects noticed by the jury, and to wish them successful implementation. We are grateful to all the participants of AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2018 for their innovative projects. I would also like to highlight the valuable advice of the expert jury, as well as the mentors’ great contribution to the development of projects during acceleration,” comments on Denis Lysenko, AEQUO’ s managing partner.
AEQUO Legal Tech Challenge 2018 is an annual competition for innovations in legal business that pursues a number of ambitious goals: challenging traditional views on the provision of legal services, disrupting the legal industry through innovation and technology by creating innovation-friendly environment for legal industry in Ukraine. The key objective set by the organisers of the competition is to bring the legal services in Ukraine to a completely new level, constantly increasing lawyers’ efficiency and client care excellence.